NSCISD BULLYING REPORTING/INVESTIGATING PROCESS
Upon receipt of an allegation of bullying from either a student or parent, a NSCISD campus principal or designee will conduct a preliminary investigation within 24 hours of administrative notification of the bullying allegations.
DEFINITION: Bullying occurs when a student or group of students engages in written or verbal expression or physical conduct that: 1. Will have the effect of physically harming a student, damaging a student’s property, or placing a student in reasonable fear of harm to the student’s person or of damage to the student’s property; or 2. Is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that the action or threat creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for a student.
If the campus principal determines that bullying has occurred, as defined in Policy FFI (LOCAL) below, the campus administration will:
- Take action to end the bullying
- Determine appropriate corrective and disciplinary measures
- Prepare a report of the investigation
If it is determined that bullying did not occur, as defined below, campus administration will determine if any further measures are necessary and will prepare a report
PROCEDURES FOR BULLYING ALLEGATIONS
Student/Parent provides allegations of bullying; if allegations are made orally, the principal will put the allegations in writing
- Principal or designee will undertake an investigation and notify the appropriate Campus Personnel: EL, MS, HS, SpEd/504
- Parent is contacted by investigating campus administrator, advised of allegations (if necessary) and asked to meet to develop timeline of alleged incidents
- Investigating administrator interviews all parties involved in the allegations, including all students and staff members, along with any witnesses
- Investigating administrator notifies parents of students who are alleged perpetrators
- Principal determines if investigation shows that bullying did or did not occur
- If bullying has occurred, campus administration will determine appropriate disciplinary and corrective measures to be carried out by the campus
- If bullying has not occurred, campus administration will determine if any further measures are necessary and will prepare a report
- Principal determines if the alleged or actual conduct was discriminatory (see policy FFH (Local) and if further actions or investigatory measures are necessary
- Administrator contacts parent who initiated the allegations and informs parent of the determination
- Appropriate investigation packet is copied and forwarded to appropriate Campus Personnel
If you feel you, your child, or a child of this district is being bullied, go to our APP to report bullying.