The State of Texas has compiled a list of resources on their website to help parents and educators better understand social networking and how to use it. They will help people to more easily talk with youth about appropriate behaviors and safety issues and to be better prepared to be help when necessary.
These documents have been developed by reliable sources.
- A Parents' Guide to Cyberbullying (PDF)
- A Parents' Guide to Safe Youtube and Internet
- A Parents' Guide to Cybersecurity (PDF)
- A Parents' Guide to Facebook (PDF)
- A Parents' Guide to Social Media
- Facebook for Educators (PDF)
- Facebook for School Counselors (PDF)
- Facebook/Social Networking Guidance for Teachers (PDF)
- Facebook Safety
- Family Online Safety Guide (PDF)
Recursos en español
GUIA PARA PADRES SOBRE LAS REDES SOCIALES
Common Sense Media – En españolNetCetera: Cómo charlar con sus hijresobre su comportamiento en línea
Alerta en Linea
Social Networking: ¿Que son Paginas de Red Sociales?
Texting: Consejos de Mensajes de Texto
Find more great cyberbullying resources at the Cyberbullying Research Center